Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NaNoWriMo?!

Okay! I have almost given up on writing a novel in a month! It is just not possible for me to think of a story with enough depth to cover 50,000 words!

An Inevitable Future (what I've been working on) has depth but I can't seem to put what I want on paper or Microsoft Word for that matter.

Mrs. Barney asked today how I'm doing on it and I told that I had only 1,624 words! I don't think this is impossible for me when we are supossed to be more than 10,000 words by now!

Not only has Mrs. Barney asked about it but in the same day an adult in my ward, whom I happen to hometeach, who has offered to do my cover for me, brought it up today and I had to tell him that I was struggling!

I feel so overwhelmed and stressed right now! I only hope that I can get this novel done in my lifetime!

I do not want to disappoint everybody that I have told about it!

I don't know what to do!

Do you have any advice for an inexperienced writing enthusiest?

7 comments:

smiley101 said...

Give up

Twitchy Insomniac said...

Ouch, Smiley, that wasn't very encouraging. I think that you should brain storm. The words aren't the important part, but the PLOT. Once you know what you're doing, the words'll probably come more naturally. But maybe that's just me...I wouldn't trust anything that I say though, as I am SO not a writer, by any stretch of the imagination. PERSISTENCE!

Sage said...

Here's the truth Ninja boy, don't give up. It won't get you anywhere, and you'll regret it. I know this is probably very important to you, so I say keep working at it. But don't let it overwhelm you. I agree with Twitchy BRAIN STORM! BRAIN STORM! BRAIN STORM! You'll get it, I promise.

Mimi said...

Here's a trick I use--you don't always have to THINK when you're writing. If you've really got something amazing, the words should come easily to you. Just let them flow out of your mind and down into actually written words.

╰☆╮Mimi╰☆╮

MRT said...

Read this.

Unknown said...

i don't think that it is possible either. i couldn't even write one in a year.

JoJo said...

ya know tesche, i dont thing your quite reaching all the requirements...